Tuesday 17 July 2012

Smiling Tears

    TODAY, the result of engineering K.T exam was announced & the marklist was displayed on the noticeboard. Students were already restless about their results, so they kept an eye on the board, that when the results will be displayed. The mob gathered near the board when some of the students saw the authorities coming towards the board with multiple lists in their hand. Bouncers tried their best to do their job n distract the crowd, but they failed. Within very less time the lists were displayed on the board. Everyone jumped n attacked the board in the same way the lion on his prey. The authorities somehow escaped the wave. And soon the whole atmosphere changed in a blink.
 
    The dark clouds gathered in the sky n it was about to rain. Darkness was so dense that it was very hard to recognise even the face of the person next to you. It was difficult to read the result. Some students flashed the torches in their cellphones on the noticeboard to make the result visible. In this very dull light everyone was busy searching their seat numbers to see the result.


    All of a sudden, the messy noise of crowd was filled with various sounds. The chattering noises were soon replaced by shocking screams, joyful songs depressing cries. Some came out of the crowd with a numb  expression, some came with a big smile on their face, some came with watery eyes while some just broke down in the crowd itself. So many expressions, at a time that too at one place was something new to me. Somewhere it was flooding while somewhere it was a bright sunny day.


    I was observing all this scenario standing a bit away from the crowd. When a very good friend of mine, Tanishka, who had 3 K.T's earlier came out of the crowd with a zero expression on her face. I was trying to read her face and make out the result. I was knowing result was not at all good, but hoping it was bad not worst. She came to me, looked in my eyes, which were shinning like diamonds due to flooded tears. I had never seen her cry before this, because she was a girl with a very bubbly image. Tears rolled down her cheeks when she informed me that, not a single subject is cleared in her creepy voice. Here she was crying n there it started raining heavily as if the sky was complimenting her.


    While I was consoling her n trying to reduce her stress, there came Sayli, another good friend of mine, screaming with joy. Earlier she had 5 K.T's, but this time she cleared all the 5. I was understanding her emotions but could not make out, what to do?? Whether I should also celebrate her success n dance with her?? or I must console Tanishka??? I was getting sandwiched between them. But then I congratulated Sayli, n went to Tanishka. I thought, I could celebrate her success later on, but Tanishka was depressed a lot n needed someone to give her a support. Sayli, me n our other friends too tried to console her n bring her out of the shock. Later on, with the time she again stood up with the positive attitude.


    The whole incident was so weird n touching to me. On one side my friend was crying before me n I stood so helpless in front of her, n on the other side I couldn't celebrate the success of my other friend. The two situations were contradictory. It was not just this, but after the result was displayed, the whole crowd got divided in two groups. The one who succeeded n others who failed. The successful had everything, but the other crowd felt alone among such big noisy mob. Looking at the other crowd, who's success is just delayed a bit, it would make you feel so depressed. The scenario was nothing different than what you see at any funeral. But I think, what i saw today was also a funeral.  Yes, funeral of their DEAD DREAMS n HOPES.


P.S:- Pictures are for representational purposes, the rights are reserved by their respective owners.
K.T. is the abbreviation for "Allowed To Keep Term".   

No comments:

Post a Comment