Thursday 26 June 2014

Slice Of Life... Part-1

Raghu a 15 year old rag picker, walking on the lonely streets of Mumbai with his sack, entered a dumping ground. It was already 10 at night. While exploring the debris of garbage for finding his livelihood, he came across a man. He was lying aside on one of the huge heaps of garbage. In fact he was trying to hide and cover himself. While hiding he was looking out for someone. Hearing the footsteps he turned back. It was Raghu.  The man and Raghu kept staring at each other. After some time, the man asked in arrogance," What happened??". "Nothing", replied Raghu.
"Then why the hell are you staring at me??", said the man.
Raghu was still staring at him.
The man again asked him," Are you numb? Go get back to your work leave me alone."
Raghu did not move even an inch.
The man was fed up with him now. He asked," Aren't you afraid of me?"
Raghu replied," Afraid of what? Should I fear you because you are drunk and can harm me or just because you are Chandu Bhai?"
Yes, he was Chandu Bhai. Chandu Bhai, the most wanted underworld criminal, who was high and lying in the debris of garbage, hiding like a mouse yet was acting like a tiger in front of a 15 year old boy. Hearing Raghu's question, suddenly Chandu Bhai gained his senses and tried to get up and sit erect. He was shocked to see Raghu's reaction. Raghu was fearless.
Chandu Bhai tried again," Don't act too smart".
Raghu answered," Not at all, but you can't harm me and in fact why would you do so?"
Chandu Bhai was amazed with Raghu's behaviour. Raghu continued," I am a rag picker, I hardly earn few bucks, what will you get by killing me? I mean I have nothing to loose, then why would I fear you?"
Suddenly someone standing far in the debris asked Raghu, "Have you seen anyone here, with gun?".
He was a huge man wearing kilos of gold and was searching Chandu Bhai. Raghu smelled a rat. Without even thinking for a second, he lifted his hand and pointed in some random direction. The man continued his search in that direction. He left.
Chandu Bhai was electrified with the fact, that, today a 15 year old boy saved his life. "You are doing it for money, right??", saying this Chandu Bhai started removing one of his gold chains. "No no, not at all", said Raghu.
"What you think, by saving me you will prove yourself to me??", asked Chandu Bhai in anger.
"Why would I prove myself to you?", answered Raghu. Chandu Bhai was astonished with Raghu's behaviour. Raghu started walking, without even giving a damn.....

P.S.:- Images are for creative visualization and rights reserve with their owner.


No comments:

Post a Comment